FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, September 22, 2014

Stress and Wreaths and Hair, Oh My


Crazy things happen when I get stressed. Mmm hmm. It throws me off-kilter. Well, more than normal. I have a strange reaction to it all. When I have a lot going on, I tend to get busier. Like, I make even more work for myself. My brain starts working in reverse.

Last week was a dooesy. For legit. There were a couple days in there where I was tempted to drink 4 bottles of Nyquil and sleep it all away. Instead? I woke up at 6:00 am and made granola. And then I made a wreath.


Because any sane person knows that wreath making brings down stress levels. At least it does for me. Is that not a normal reaction?


And no, I didn't take pictures along the way. I kinda made it up as I went along. Maybe I could make one for you and then take pics. Who wants one? Because I've got some stress to deal with this week too. I could end up making scads of wreaths! Maybe I could have a Stress Sale instead of a Garage Sale. Everyone can come over and buy all the stuff I make while I'm working through my internal conundrums. And we could eat cake together. Cake is awesome.

My 15 year old has been begging me for weeks to "tease" my hair. I didn't even know people still used that word. She took hold of bangs last night after dinner.


Um. Yes? Let's serve up the 80's please! This looks shockingly similar to my first driver's license picture. Except that one I wasn't sporting 2 bandaids on my forehead from my latest skin cancer treatment. My kids may have been kind enough to point out that those bandaids made me look like even more of a moron. Children are the best thing for self esteem. They really are.

So, it's Monday. I really hate Mondays.
It just may end up being a 2 wreath day. I'll keep you posted.


1 comment :

Quelly said...

Oh how I wish I could be down there stress-wreathing with you. I have been enjoying having your mother and Kirk as a captive audience at the rehab center. Good times!