FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, December 2, 2013

The Week That Flew


There are 2 kinds of holidays. The constant on-the-go kind, and the do-nothing-lay-around kind. Our Thanksgiving was the constant going kind. In a good way. I wish there was a magical way to mix the two. The end of this holiday brings bone deep exhaustion.

My entire family was together. That's a rare occurrence. There is something quite fantastic about watching cousins being with cousins. Family laughter feels richer. Even the food tastes better when you're with one another. Especially when you spend it at an indoor water park :)


And for the first time in 11 years, Our Baby/Child #3/The Favorite...

 Had her birthday on Thanksgiving Day. The exact same day she was born.

Time moves so incredibly fast.


And today, when I'm finally getting my feet firmly planted again, I look around and notice that all the universe has already decorated for Christmas. I can't even find the time, or the will, to lift my autumn wreath off my front door. A Christmas tree feels like a far away endeavor.

So, I think, just for the day, I'm going to pretend it's May. Boring, ordinary May. And I'll just work on the laundry and maybe buy some groceries.

Anyone else want to pretend with me?


No comments :