FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, November 22, 2013

Truth Found On The Interstate


Isn't this the most beautiful graffiti you've ever seen? I'm a huge fan.

As you near downtown, this bridge just stumbles into view. It's unassuming and very worn by time. But I love it. Through all the mundane and drab that surrounds these 2 words, the message jumps out with bold clarity.

And if you think about it, someone had to hang over the top ledge to paint it. Upside down. On the train tracks. And they even took the time to outline each letter. Just to make sure we drivers got the message loud and clear.

I do. Do you?

If so, here's my question: What kind of a Someone are you?
That's a lot to consider. All from a graffiti message.

To be honest, I think I spend most of my time being a lot of different Someones. Someone's driver, Someone's mom, Someone's cook, Someone's maid, Someone's I-forgot-a-poster-for-school-and-I-need-it-in-the-next-30 seconds-errand runner.
That's a lot of Someones.

But underneath it all, the hats we wear, the jobs we do, the demands made by others of our time, what is your real Someone? In the deepest part of you, what do you want to Be?

If we can figure that out, our truest self, our truest Someone, it just might make all the other stuff a little easier to bear. It just might make all the work of Being a little lighter to live. Not always, but most of the time.

Let's do it together.
Find our true Someone.

And then....

Let's Be.

Even when it's hard, even when doubt creeps in.

Don't lose sight of the bridge.

Be Someone.

The one that you were made to Be.


No comments :