FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

FMS (For My Sister)- Take 3


This is the method to my madness: I have to take it all down before I build it all back up.

And I mean ALL of it. It's like my brain needs everything gathered into one place before it can decide the next step. I need a clean slate. Everywhere. All the shelves, all the bookcases and the mantel.

It all comes down.
I wipe it clean.
And build a new version from scratch.


And then my writer's brain kicks in and realizes that decorating and life are a whole lot similar.

Sometimes we need to dismantle it all.
To get back to the basics.
To clear the clutter so we can See. Really See.
And we let our soul still, and wipe our soul clean.
Then we begin again. 
Building with the same ingredients.
To create a better version of our truth.

Maybe this week is the perfect, ordinary moment to find that better version. And decorate a mantel or two along the way.


No comments :