FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, August 12, 2013

5 Discoveries On A Weekend


1. I made Child #1 clean out her closet. I do not mention this lightly. It's a deal. A huge deal. I made her pull everything, and I mean everything, out into the light of day, so it could be dealt with. Let me just tell you, there are no words to describe this experience. None. People, I found a sandwich in her closet. A sandwich!

2. All the closet cleaning incited a heated discussion on who would take over the room once #1 moved out. It was a full course debate that lasted hours.

3. My kids discovered that our house has a laundry shoot. We have lived here for almost 6 years and I've kept it a secret. On purpose. Whenever they asked about the large opening in the ceiling of the laundry room, I claimed it was an "air vent". Can you imagine what they could have done with this knowledge? Oh, I can. The moment I saw that little tunnel, I knew that the middle child would try to shove the youngest through it. Now they're just too old to fit. But the fact that they now know it exists still makes me nervous.

4. The Husband and I spent nearly 2 hours on Saturday afternoon watching a show about tattoos. Bad tattoos, to be exact. And how they get new ones to cover up the stupid ones. Riveting stuff. We sat on the couch and watched episode after episode, while eating animal crackers. I'm totally not kidding.

5. Summer has reached that point where you want to just choke on the endless craziness. To lighten my mood, I went to Target and stood in the school supplies aisles. I closed my eyes and took deep, cleansing breathes. I had no idea that school supplies could smell like joy. I almost hyperventilated on my own happiness. 14 more days to go, my friends. 14 more days.


1 comment :

Eric and Amy said...

So did you pick your next tattoo? :) Eric and I may have been known to watch the same show ... sometimes life just makes you make these decisions .. ya know?! :)