FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spread The Word


The Husband, The Sister and I gathered our like minds for a philosophical discussion over the weekend. When brains like ours combine together, genius is born. Because here is what we talked about: cool words.

See? I told you. Genius.

After our intellectual debate, we decided to bring 'Slacks' back. Cool word, right? Not used nearly enough.

So, I used the word all weekend. I asked the teenager if she liked her slacks. I even commented that her slacks were too tight. After asking her if she wanted to go shopping for more slacks, she said, "Just like we are NOT bringing back your hair style from high school, we are NOT bringing back the word Slacks!" She's such a Debbie Downer.

My determination is still going strong. I'm inviting you to join me. Slacks. Say it with me. Use it in a sentence. I'm telling you. It's a cool word that isn't being used to it's potential. The Sister and I are considering making t-shirts. "Team Slacks" is kinda catchy. We've even decided to make the word edgier, more 2013ish, so we'll call ourselves "Team Slax". Wicked.

Within our genius debate, The Sister tried to convince us that 'Gerbil' is a cool word. I just couldn't put my brain power behind something that describes a rodent. Pants? Absolutely. Furry, little creatures? Nope.

We're bringin' it back. For reals.

Slacks.
That's what I'm talkin' about.

(If you happen to mention slacks and gerbils together, I'm cool with that too.)


No comments :