FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, May 20, 2011

Her View

I wish I could see Life the way she does. She has the ability to find joy in the very ordinary. Here she sits at the ENT. Within moments she discovered that this chair moves up and down and that little light attachment makes a magnificent squeak when you shake it.

I thought about asking her to: (1) sit like a girl, (2) act her age and (3) try to pretend you're normal. But, why? Instead, I just let her be herself. The girl who laid on the doctors roller chair and bolted around like Superman. The one who giggled when the doctor looked up her nose. That's the real her.

The other day she asked if she could pick me up. When I told her "no", she did it anyway. She was giddy with delight. And just this morning, apple juice appeared in the fridge. She thought it was manna from heaven. Oh, to find life so entertaining.

Today, I give us all permission to just be ourselves. No rational thinking is allowed. No consideration of what is 'appropriate' is needed. Just Be. Don't look around to see who may be watching. Be. Your. True. Self.

And while you're at it, find a chair to spin around on.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

she makes me laugh. you are so lucky to have her.
by the way...your "muffins" look great. i think i'll make some for breakfast tomorrow.