FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Lessons From The Brink

I've had the flu. Yes, the one I got the shot for. It's a killer. And I mean that literally. Every part of my body was crying, including my fingernails. Today, I finally feel like a normal person, so let me tell you what I've learned:
  • Moms still have to make lunch for their kids, even when they have a 102 degree fever. Why would a sick mother do such a thing? Because she's stupid.
  • You know it's bad when your 8 yr. old looks at you and scrunches up her nose while saying, "you don't look good".
  • Even when you feel like you're on the brink of death, your kids will still stare at you and ask, "So, what's for dinner?"
Don't you love it when the doctor tells you to go home and gets lots of rest? Um, OK? Are you prescribing a nanny, or am I missing something? At least he sent me home with TamiFLU. Oh, how I love thee dear TamiFLU. The side of the box tells me that it may inhibit my ability to operate machinery. Do you think that includes my flat iron?


1 comment :

Anonymous said...

OHHH, sucky for you! Once I day dreamed about getting sick so that I could lay in bed and rest with no one to bother me. Then I got sick. It's definately not all it's cracked up to be. You feel horrible and you still have to do all your regular work. Glad you're feeling better!