FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, April 16, 2010

The Smarties Light A Flame

Last night was the induction ceremony for National Junior Honor Society. Fancy dresses, everyone was prim and proper. Sam asked me to paint her toe nails to match her dress. Serious stuff.At the end of the ceremony, a candle was lit and then the flame was passed from member to member. All of the students then filed out while holding their burning torch.

Sam told me that during rehearsals, they were instructed to be on the lookout for girls with long hair that contained hairspray. Open flame, and all. Therefore, I closely watched the procession marching out in one long line. Each person was so focused on their own candle, that they didn't notice much around them. I kept waiting (excitedly, I might add) for someone to bump into the back of a long haired girl. I kinda thought it might be neat to see a 'baptism by fire' induction into the Society. But, I was disappointed. I guess this is proof why you have to be smart to be a member.

Just as a matter of record, I was never in the National Honor Society. Shocking, but true.

4 comments :

Kara Vail said...

Congrats miss Sammy in Utah we don't have NJHS till ninth grade!!! Aww it seems like yesterday when I used to ride the bus home and play at your house

Becky Leland said...

Samantha, You are so grown up and SMART too!!! You are also very PRETTY!!!

Diane said...

Congrats to Sam. She looks so pretty!

Emily said...

FUN!!!! SAM I NEED YOUR EMAIL!
<3/EM