FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

On/Off Switch

Stress is a funny thing. It has a life of it's own. At least mine does. It seems that when it starts, it tends to grow. Why is that? My brain appears to have reached it's maximum capacity of 'to-do' items. I need to fit more in, but I can't seem to find the space.

Why are there some people who rarely feel stress? Is it because they are swift negotiators of their time? Are they good at simplifying? Or, do they just. not. feel. it. Todd is one of those people. In all the years I've known him, I think I've seen him really stressed 4 times. And I'm pretty sure that 3 of those times involved not being able to find his chapstick.

Maybe some people have an internal on/off switch for stress. Kindof like the child lock on the inside of my van door. I need one of those. That way I could give my stress a marginal amount of time during the day to fester in my head. Then I could turn it off at night and only think about the ways I'm failing as a parent.

Yesterday, I felt a cold sore starting. That's my signal. That's when I know that I've reached beyond my limit of what I can get done. So today, I'm trying to find that switch. I've taken deep, cleansing breaths and then I went to lunch with my friends. Next up--cupcakes. My stress may not disappear, but at least it will be covered in frosting.

3 comments :

Quelly said...

You need to don the cupcake pin I gave you. That will help - I promise. I have been wearing mine since I did my taxes so that I don't cry - so far so good.

Anonymous said...

And add LOTs of chocolate too :) That always helps :) Btw, when you find the lock thingy, let me know where it is- I would be eternally grateful!!

Anonymous said...

I have the answer. I bought it for you about 6 months ago. I've been waiting for your birthday to send it to you. If you can hold on for another 4 weeks or so your stress will be gone...Promise!
By the way tell Todd sorry that Wade never called on his birthday. He was going to call and do his "laugh" but I think he chickened out.