FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sweaty Saturday

Sam is now on the Track team. What's with all the athletic hobbies? Sweating is something I do my best to avoid. Now I have a daughter who willing seeks activities to bring it on. Why would you run when you can casually stroll the isles at Target? I'm confused.

This is the line up before the mile and a half jog. Can you tell these girls are freezing? Mr. Coach is giving them the run-down. I didn't hear his exact words, but I think he said something like this, "Listen up. I know these outfits are not attractive, but you look waaayyy better than those boys who drive the bobsled. Run your guts out and make sure you smile to look pretty."
This is Sam running around through Lap 3. Each time she passed, I tried to yell something positive, like, "Pretend you're running from your sisters. Run, run, run!"

When I asked her why she runs, she replied, "because I like it." Good enough. Bring on the sweat. Just don't hug me.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Because she likes it?? Oh dear, the girl needs more chocolate and iciing :) Her brain cells must be sugar deprived :) HA! Maybe that will convince her that Target aisles are way better than sweating :) I'm with you on that one- but GO SAM GO!!! AWESOME!

Christy said...

I love it! She's inspired by her super inspiring aunt....

Madison Powell said...

GO SAM!!!!! I miss you guys! (Lisa, I'm with you to, but only because no matter how hard I try, I CAN'T run long distances. Shopping is much funner!)

Becky Leland said...

LOVE Samatha's smile! She is one of the smallest girls and one of the fastest - love it!!!!!

wade said...

I see no problem with this. Running gives you a legitimate excuse for all the carb-loading from your wonderful icing-covered cupcakes.

Way to go, Sam! Now I'll have a running partner during our summer vacation. Yay!