FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I Am The Original Idiot

I thought you might enjoy a few scenes from my life as of late. Pick your favorite and then offer advice. I'm drowning in stupidity over here.

Here is my kitchen sink. The one I told you about here. This is the chip. The white enamel paint slowly wears off every time I swipe it with the dish cloth. Other than replacing the sink (or moving), I'm not quite sure how to fix it. And no, paint is not an option. Somehow I'm sure that I'm to blame for this. After all, I gave birth the the girl who did the chipping and the other girl who did the painting.
Remember this stain? I took your advice and tried to clean it with your recommended solutions. Although, I put my foot down when it comes to purchasing liquor. Even if it's only for 'cleaning purposes', if I know there is something in this house that will dull the pain of doing homework with my kids, I just might be too tempted.

The new cleaners I purchased did nothing. Nada. The stain just got more soapy. I sprayed on so much stuff that I had to drag my carpet cleaner from the garage just so I could soak it all up. In the end, the ginormous stain remained. So I stared at it long and hard, waiting for revelation. So, you know what I did? I poured Clorox on it. Oh, yes I did. Now the stain is smaller and lighter with a lovely bleached, yellow ring around it. I figured that I would rather look at bleach yellow instead of deep, smeared purple. Now, every time I walk by and look at the stain, it simply reminds me that I'm an idiot.

This girl (the big one) is sick. Can you tell? The school called and told me she had thrown up. In their exact words, "she looks really, really green". When I picked her up, she showed me the vomit in her hair. She showered and slept for a couple of hours. The next day I kept her home for good measure. Did she rest and recuperate? Uh, why yes. I took her to lunch and the craft store. While there, she wandered off and decorated herself. Oh, she's definitely sick.

Go ahead now. Offer advice. It better not involve paint, Clorox or vomit. I'm serious.

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

I've got no advice. In every circumstance I would have done the samething. I do think the upsairs needs a rug to cover the sweet bleach spot though. :)

Anonymous said...

Yep, me too- ain't got none :) If I could figure out how to not have my own craziness, then maybe I'd havea something to offer :) HA! Love ya!

Christy said...

It's possible they sell something at Lowe's for the sink.

For the carpet stain - move a piece of furniture over it or if it's in the middle of the floor cover it with a rug.

Sick kid situation - SCORE - you didn't have to deal with the gross part, you just got to hang out with her.

Penny said...

If you have any "leftover carpet" you can get an installer to do a patch and it will be as good as new.

I think I have seen something at Lowe's for the sink. Take the pic and show one of the employee's. If not, It looks very shabby-chic!

As for the kiddo's, I suggest duct tape and Benadryl. But you know that is my answer to everything!