FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, February 1, 2010

Home Alone

Last night, Todd, Addie and I had a Great To Be 8 fireside at the church. Sam and Makell were given the option to go. Of course they chose to stay home. I am always slightly on edge when any of my kids are left unattended. Not because I fear for their safety. I fear for what will happen while I'm gone.

Upon returning home, we found this:In case you can't decipher what it is, I'll fill you in. It's Plankton. Not the kind from the sea, but the character on Sponge Bob. He is a giant sugar cookie covered in frosting and sprinkles. I wasn't allowed to eat him or throw him away.

After about 10 minutes, Sam and Makell offered a confession. They chipped the sink. After frosting cookies, Sam hurled the knife to the sink. It missed and chipped off a large piece on the edge. Makell proudly showed me how she found a can of oil-based, high gloss paint, and used it to camouflage the chip. Upon further examination, I discovered that she also used her artistic license to paint several other parts of the sink. Did I mention oil-based and high gloss? And the color isn't a good match. Honestly.

I stared at my sink this morning and wondered aloud if my kids are normal. Is there any other mother out there that has had her sink painted? By a ten year old? I fear the answer. I think I'll drown my sorrows in a cookie. One that looks like Plankton.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

You taught them to be problem solvers. My kids never would have even told me about the chipped sink. They definately OWE you that cookie now! I hope you ate in slowly and made them watch!!

Edwin and Rebecca said...

That cracks me up....and now I'm craving a cookie.

Christy said...

Your kids sound an awful lot like my brothers and sisters and me when were kids. I don't know if that makes you feel better or worse.