FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, January 18, 2010

I Have A Dream--Foster Circus Style

I have a dream.
That one day all my children will be nice.
That they will listen when I speak,
And not roll their eyes at every request.

I have a dream.
That one day someone will pick up their crap without being asked.
That I will no longer find wrappers behind the couch,
Or gum hidden in bedrooms.

This is my hope and my faith.
That voices will drip with gratitude,
That actions will express love,
And dirty laundry will not be scattered on the floor.

Let freedom ring at the circus.
Let it sound through the wailing of homework.
So they may feel the fortune of living here,
Where freedom of sugar and frosting reigns supreme.

I have a dream.
That siblings will speak kindly to each other.
And the words, 'It's not fair!' will be erased from memory,
While 'Please' and 'Thank You' become the norm.

My country 'tis of thee.
Please help this mother not to flee.
Of this I sing.

7 comments :

Simpson Family said...

May we NEVER lose sight of our dreams...

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, mercy, me!! I am going to pee :) I thought that was ABSOLUTELY perfect!! Ah yes, may it apply to the "ZOO" too :) Amen!

Becky Leland said...

Love this post - waiting on your first book!

Shannon said...

Dreams do come true...dreams do come true... just keep telling yourself that :)

Anonymous said...

Amen...Let us have a moment of silence!

Diane said...

So funny and right on the mark as always!!

Kristin said...

I'm singing your song right along w/you!