FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, January 1, 2010

Hope In A New Year

Happy New Year. We spent ours with friends and fireworks. We made it to 11:15 pm. That's remarkable considering that Todd and I wanted to fall asleep at 9.

As the girls were enjoying the fireworks last night, I took a quick look at them. I tried to see the passage of 2009 and look at all I hope for 2010.

I hope that this 13 year old will hold firm to who she is and all she believes. She has entered a season where her faith in herself and her Heavenly Father will be her true guide. She is a remarkable young woman. I hope she will always believe that.
I hope for this lively 10 year old to know of her extraordinary gifts. Beyond her learning abilities lies immeasurable talents and love. I hope for her to see all that I see. I hope for her to believe beyond her limitations.

I hope for this 7 year old to know that she is loved. This child is in constant motion and often in constant trouble. I tend to lose sight of all that she means to my world. I hope for her to know that she is adored and cherished.

I hope for calm. I hope for the mundane. I hope for nights where we have time to slow down and just Be. Together.
I hope for peace for my siblings and their families. I hope for blessings for my mom. I hope for miracles for the twins.

For 2010, I hope for Hope.
May I look for it in the smallest of moments to come...

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Perfectly said- that's what I hope for too :) H.O.P.E- thanks!

Becky Leland said...

and may all your hopes come true - you are a remarkable women!

Joy Hollingshaus said...

GREAT post! Love your thoughts.