FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

All the 12-Steps I Need


Hi. My name is Lisa, and I'm a craft-a-holic. I'm also a "go to Goodwill and buy crap super cheap and come home and repaint it"-a-holic. And occasionally, I like to "borrow" things from my mom's house and repaint those too.

I can't decide if making things is a talent I'm supposed to let shine, or an obsession I need a program for. But there are days when I make something, that I step back and say, "Now that's a spiritual gift". I like to make myself feel all important and stuff like that.


Generally, I get an idea, or see an idea, and I make it. Projects have to take minimal time. If something takes too long, I'm irritated, and I'll just throw it away. Oh, and it has to be cheap. I have to already own the materials or be able to buy them with my handy dandy Hobby Lobby coupon.

I also tend to want everything to have a story. What I use in my house has to have meaning. I made it, my kids made it, the Husband gifted it to me. Not everything has a story, but the history inside the walls of my house matters to me. A lot. Art made by someone I love feels priceless. Even if it's on construction paper.


I don't paint a lot of big furniture. Because that requires patience. Something I have in negative numbers. I've needed to paint my kitchen table for the last 2 years, and I just can't bring myself to take on that kind of project.

But I did "borrow" this lovely table from my mom. Well truthfully, I begged her for it for at least 6 months. I caught her on a day she was weak, and I took it home and painted it within 24 hours. I think she's rather charming.

I have a strong belief in creativity. Everyone has some, it just shows up in different ways. Mine tends to lead me towards redecorating. Not the most convenient of hobbies. But, there you have it.


No comments :