FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Day Twenty Seven- Vacation Advice


I've read a lot of "Traveling With Kids" ideas over the years. I'm sure you have too. But let's be real, no advice prepares you. None. Everything that happens at home? The fighting, the whining, the aversion to having siblings? All that goes with you. On vacation. It's just like being at home. Except, you're not.

I have now discovered the best kept vacation secret ever. I'm not kidding. Are you ready?....Take only one kid at a time. Bam! Genius.

Child #1 is at EFY (church youth camp) in Utah. Child #2 is at EFY in San Antonio. That leaves me with Child #3. The current favorite. So, of course we took her to Sea World.

I had NO idea that a theme park with only one child could be so easy. There was no arguing or wrestling to please everyone at once. Whatever this child wanted to do, it was done. I'm telling you, it was bliss. She wanted ice cream twice. Done. Souvenirs? Of course.

So, that's my advice. Pick a child, pick a vacation, and set out. It's relatively serene. And the best part? You actually end up feeling like the world's greatest parent. Perfect all around.


1 comment :

Cerise said...

I saw your comments via Facebook from Joan Ginn. Good idea. We have 4 children. My other suggestion is to send them all away and take a vacation! This year we have two children going on a one month foreign exchange. One away at school and one that does not talk to us anyway because we are losers or he is just too smart for us - whatever. But, WE are taking a vacation. I hope we are ready for one without children. YIKES.