FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Blasted Pinterest!


Here's the downside to Pinterest (other than wasting hours just starring at pictures): It weaves the idea into your brain that you can make anything. It somehow convinces your subconscious, that you can be as crafty as the Internet. If thousands of women can paint a chevron pattern, then by darn it, so can I.

But, here's what the Internet fails to tell you...Anyone with OCD tendencies should take caution. In fact, there should be a designated category called, "Things Anyone Annal-Retentive Should Avoid".

I'm a crafty person. I can make lots of stuff. But the chevron has sent me over the edge. I think I spent 38 hours just trying to grid-tape-cuss a little at my canvas before I even started to paint.

I'm completely mystified how Pinterest is full of well-rounded people who have painted walls and walls of this pattern. Entire. Walls! I can't even talk about the time I spent in miniscule touch ups after I tore all the tape off. It's too embarrassing and aggravating to think about.

The next time I get an itching to paint stripes on anything, I'm just going to pull out my eyelashes one-by-one instead. It will be far less painful and time consumming.

I'm taking a leave of absence from Pinterest.
At least for tonight.


No comments :