FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sing Your Song


Did you know that I was once a singer? True story. It's not something I fess up to often. But I did sing. A lot. I even traveled to Asia to sing. Weird, right? I don't really have a good singing voice. It's a rather ordinary, average voice. I don't sing in choirs or even in my car. I'm more of a hummer. In fact, I think I can hum pretty well.

I gave birth to singers. Good ones. I'm still a little stunned when I hear them sing. Even now I'm slightly surprised at their talent. But here's the thing-- it didn't come from me. The good part. They got their generic singing trait from me, and probably Todd. But the good part? The beauty in their voice? That ain't me.

Here's what I've discovered-- they have great teachers. Truth be told, phenomenal teachers. They are the ones that took something mundane and stretched it into something extraordinary. Every day. In every class. Rehearsals after school. For years. Over and over again. That is the secret ingredient.


So, maybe you don't sing. But there is something else you do. We all have something we do that just feels ordinary. Actually, most of what we do feels rather bland and invisible. Don't you think? But, what if you could make it extraoridnary? Would you be willing to try? To put in the work?

Because we all have a voice, and we all have a song to sing. Right now we may be hiding it and merely humming in our car. But what if there was a way to reach down deep and make the ordinary become magical?

There is a way. We already know it. We just often try to forget. Because He is the teacher. The ultimate director. He puts trials on our path, people in our lives and struggles to make us grow. He knows the end game and He is trying to get you to see it too.

What would the world be like if we all took a chance to sing our song? The one only YOU can sing? The one only YOU can give voice to? Every day. All the time. Over and over again. Lift your eyes and Sing. Your. Song. That's when you find your voice, the one you were meant to speak.

Let Him be your guide.
Find your voice.
Sing your song.


No comments :