FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Status


Tomorrow is the last day of school. Just thinking about it makes me nauseous. I keep repeating in my head, "Please don't make me do it, please don't make me do it...." Somehow I keep telling myself that if I concentrate hard enough, I'll figure out a way to make the summer days delightful. I like trying to trick myself like that.

The teenager got out of school early. Seriously. Um, why? Apparently there are ways to be exempt from finals. Again, I repeat. Um, why? She's home and this is where she will be for the next 87 days (don't even wonder if I've counted the days):


When I told her I needed to vacuum this morning she got 100 shades of crazy. She was irritated she couldn't hear the TV. When I was her age, I had a summer job. Why doesn't she have one? Why? Deep down I'm pretty sure that's my fault, but I'm not going to think about it. She is going to babysit for my sister once a week for 3 hours. The teenager thinks this qualifies as a job. 3 hours a week. Obviously Todd and I like to teach our kids how to be delusional. It's funny. Or not.

I'm trying to soak in the last few moments of serenity. When I think about the end being near, I start to hyperventilate. So, for now, I think I'll stop thinking. M' kay?


No comments :