FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, June 4, 2012

The After Shocks


They follow me. Everywhere. Now that school is out, they somehow have the desire to be wherever I am. It's crazy. Why are they following me?

Often they ask me questions like, "Hey, did you shave your arm pits today?" (true story). They have the incessant need to inform me when they're bored. They deliver their statement as an accusation, as if I'm at fault for their boredom. That one has gone beyond irritating.

Grocery shopping has become the Best. Experience. Ever. They are thorough in their quest to point out every single item that all the other mothers in the world buy, except for theirs. The injustice of not having Pop Tarts in our pantry leads them to madness. It's fun to watch. Even better to live through.

My house is trashed and every drinking cup we own has been used within the first 5 hours of the day. Apparently I'm a mean mom because I won't buy them snow cones every day, and when I forced them to go to the library with me they asked, "What would we even do there?" (another true story).

I used to be good at this. At least I think I did. I can't really remember a time when I had it all together, but I'm sure there was a moment or two, or four. I wish I could recollect what I did then. Maybe I used to regularly buy Pop Tarts and snow cones. And I'm really hoping there was a time that my kids actually knew that books could be found in a library. I'm crossing my fingers on that one.

Just so you know, it's Day 4 of Summer. Seriously. Day! 4!


1 comment :

Candice said...

Uh, yeah- right there with ya, hon!!
PA_LEASE don't tell me how many more are left :) hehe!! I am just hoping for one day's worth of sleeping in this summer- dream on for me :)