FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Why Are They So Strange?

There are intermittent times where I pacify myself into thinking that my family is normal. I shield my eyes and try to forget the crazy parts. This doesn't last long, but it's nice to pretend.

Child #1 has decided she wants a hedgehog. Who asks for that kind of pet? I had the audacity to inquire if it was similar to a porcupine. She looked at me with utter horror and refused to answer my question.

Child #2 has been trying to talk to birds. Oh yes. It's true. I have watched her stand at the bus stop for the last several days while she mimics the bird calls overhead. Last week I even caught her trying to walk like the birds that had landed on the grass.

Child #3 has taken to wearing the same pair of jeans. Every. Single. Day. It's maddening. I've tried hiding them. That went well.

The Husband has taken his chap stick obsession to a new level. He is now wearing a cherry flavored lip balm. Now he constantly smells like a fruit salad. It's weird and slightly unnerving.

Have you ever noticed that calm, soft-spoken parents tend to have calm, soft-spoken children? If that theory rings true, then whose to blame for my family's oddness? Hmm?



1 comment :

Linda said...

Love it --- btw, we have small soft hedgehogs by Gund at the bookstore.