FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Slobs Live Here

Here is the beauty of a Texas house: the master bedroom is downstairs. All other bedrooms are upstairs. I definitely think that an mother discovered this blissful design solution. For parents with teenagers, this is the perfect set-up.

Here's an added bonus: I rarely have to go upstairs. But then there is the downside: I am rarely upstairs. A lot can happen when it goes unnoticed. For instance, today I made the grave mistake of looking under the couch cushions in the upstairs family room. Behold:


Hidden under the hairspray bottle, (um, a hairspray bottle!?), is a comb and a full package of skittles. Gum wrappers, doll accessories, hair accessories, and all sorts of nastiness has been hibernating in that couch. I simply scooped it all right into the trash. Apparently, no one will miss it.

So, here's the real question: Is it better to make a daily trip up into the unknown and discover what they've destroyed? Or, is it better to ignore it all and simply pretend that your kids are well mannered and civilized?

For now, I'm just going to lock myself in my downstairs bedroom.


1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Don't go back up until schools back in session! Then you can go up with another trash bag and then skip off to your favorite cupcake shop to calm yourself before they get home.