FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Random

Riley sleeping. The chubbiness is just irresistible. Almost 12 months old and she weighs a whopping 14 pounds. That's quite hefty for a girl who started out at just over 1 pound. We would keep her if we could find a way to sneak her over here. I'm thinking about putting her in my purse tomorrow. My sister will never know. And besides, she's got another one. She shouldn't be so greedy.
We have officially rebounded from the flu. The oink, oink flu. It's rampant around here. Todd and Addie were the lucky ones who got sick. I think I used an entire bottle of Lysol last week. I wouldn't even let them touch the phone. I fed Addie sugar cereal to keep her boredom at bay. I'm sure that's why she recovered so well. Sugar has healing properties. It's like a vitamin, only better.

This flower appeared in my backyard on Saturday. It is literally the size of a dinner plate. It must be the Texas air. It makes all things bigger. Or maybe it has something to do with the wretched humidity. I really don't like feeling as if I live inside a dishwasher. Really. But, at least these beautiful flowers pop out just at the time you want to curse the weather. This flower saved me from cursing. At least for a day or two.

Todd was gone all weekend. And, you'll never guess where he was. Scout camp. Woodbadge to be exact. I know, I know, you are stunned into silence. Pretty boy Todd was out in the elements. In a scout outfit. And cute, green tube socks. The overall picture is mesmerizing, I can assure you. I wish I had a picture to share, but he stomped his boy scout foot and said 'no'. I think I'll give him a pop quiz later and ask him to repeat the boy scout pledge. I hope he passes because it took me forever to iron on those patches!


3 comments :

grandma deb said...

Thank you for continuing to put cute pictures of the girls on your blog. I love seeing them! And I also get to read your funny, funny comments about your family.

Becky Leland said...

I love seeing pictures of Riley and Keagan, especially when they are doing so well. They are soooo adorable!!!

Hope the sick feel better.

Leanne Hoskins said...

Really? He has the socks? Oh, my little Peter would be green with envy...he REALLY wants the shorts that can stand up when no one is wearing them AND the socks...

It's so fun to read your blog! It always makes me smile :)