FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, April 23, 2015

What A Few Hours Can Do


I've been busy. Like, really busy. Did you know that I'm in charge of crafts for 215 young women and adult leaders during girl's camp? Yes, indeed I am. It's hefty. And taking over my bedroom floor. But you know how I feel about crafts. They're from heaven. So pretty much, I'm doing God's work. Hallelujah and amen.

When my life gets going at full tilt, my writer's brain turns off. I don't really know why that happens. Maybe I'm just to busy to think of writing anything down. It's just been my go-to state lately.

But today, in a weird turn of events, I find myself with a few moments of free time. Sure, there are tons of things on my list to get done. I just don't want to do them. You too?

So, I decided to try and find an old picture. I know it's buried somewhere in my photo storage. But through my digging, all I could look at was my girls when they were so much smaller than they are now. I mean come on. I can't get enough.




Child #1:

Child #2:

Child #3:

You know what's interesting? I can't remember too much of the bad stuff. OK, I mean, I do, but it's not overpowering. I look at them and my heart melts. And I think about who they are and who they're becoming, and I'm motionless. Because, when I look at my life, I see them. Little, big and all the in between.

They are my very heartbeat. Through the good and the bad and the hard and the beautiful, I'm honored to be their mom. Truly. They are the greatest gift I never knew I needed. Thank goodness the Lord did. I'm telling you. They. Are. My. Very. Heartbeat. Love times 3.

What an extraordinary way to spend the afternoon.
You should give it a try.


No comments :