FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Good Intentions

My sister asked me the other day if I always do everything I intend to do. I paused to think about that. At first I answered, "of course". Because, you know, I have to keep up my supermom appearance. But later, and ever since then, I've wondered what the real answer is.

In general, I wake up every morning intending to talk with a sweet voice to my children and shower them with patience. But then they wake up. The morning routine leaves little room for the words, 'sweet' and 'patience'. Apparently, my intentions are only good when they're sleeping.

Before Child #1 arrived on the scene, I intended to be good parent who set firm, but loving boundaries. Today I let a child stay home from school who said she felt sick, even when I knew full well she was only slightly (faking) sick. She worked on the computer, made lunch and played with the twins. See what I mean? My parenting good intentions don't equate to much of anything.

My intentions are not limited just to my kids. Todd gets bunched in there too. I really, really intend to be a good wife. But then he opens his mouth and talks. He called me today and asked if I would make the 75 minute drive to his work to bring him his Chap Stick. He forgot his lip balm and was in a serious pickle. Instead of taking it to him, I stayed home and called him every hour to ask if his lips were dry (while I stifled a giggle).

I think tomorrow I'll try and follow through and accomplish exactly what I intend to do. That way I'll know that it can actually be done. Sugar will be involved. And, probably a good amount of reading. I like my odds all ready.


1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I'm fairly certain that you did the right thing with kelli and Todd. 75 min. for chapstick...No Way!! Sorry Todd.